Char Fortune is an accomplished commercial real estate executive with over 30 years of experience in the industry. She has overseen the day-to-day management of global corporate services accounts, led full service brokerage operations for major real estate companies and directed project leasing and management teams for owners and developers during her career. She is very effective at leading people, driving results, and achieving win-win outcomes.
At Avison Young, Ms. Fortune is the National Director of Learning and Professional Development, as well as an advisor to corporations seeking to outsource real estate functions and activities. In her professional development role, Ms. Fortune is responsible for developing Avison Young University, the firm’s internal training program. In her role as Corporate Services Advisor, Ms. Fortune works with multi-market companies to develop real estate strategy, identify appropriate solutions to support business objectives, and deploy transactional, lease administration, project and facility management services.
Before joining Avison Young, Ms. Fortune was with Grubb & Ellis as Managing Director of the Corporate Services Group for the Southeast. Prior to that, she was a Senior Vice President at Trammell Crow Company where she had profit and loss responsibility for the Atlanta brokerage unit. There, she also directed real estate outsourcing activities for major clients and had oversight responsibilities for the third-party agency leasing team. Earlier, she worked for Cushman & Wakefield as a Senior Managing Director. She co-managed the Atlanta branch and later led the Philadelphia and tri-state office where she was responsible for 150 employees and annual revenues exceeding $15 million.
- West Virginia University; B.S. Journalism
- Licensed Real Estate Broker; States of Georgia, Alabama, North and South Carolina
- Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR), CoreNet Global
Professional Affiliations / Recognition
- Winner of National CREW Network’s Impact Award
- Winner of Distinguished Achievement Award – Commercial Real Estate Women of Atlanta (CREW)
- Co-Founder – Leadership CREW Institute, Commercial Real Estate Women of Atlanta
- Who’s Who in Commercial Real Estate
- BOMA Building of the Year Awards
- CREW – Past President; Co-founder of Leadership CREW
- Atlanta Commercial Board of REALTORS – Current Member; Past Board Member
- NAIOP – Current Member; Past Board Member
- CoreNet Global – Programs Committee
- Ivy Preparatory Academy – Former Board of Trustees
- Speaker – Georgia Tech’s IMPACT Series on Leadership
- Member – Buckhead Church